Voted Northshore’s Best Law Firm in 2021
18-Wheeler Accident Attorney
Semi-truck accidents usually result in more injury and damage than normal vehicle accidents. This is a direct result to the large size and weight of the semi-truck which adds force during an accident. Semi-truck accidents can have disastrous results and depending on the seriousness of the crash, can lead to serious injuries including neck injuries, broken bones, back & spinal injuries, burns, amputations and even brain trauma. Additionally, vehicle repair and medical costs start to accumulate after an accident. Remember, you have legal rights and someone has to take responsibility for this.
Truck accidents have many causes, here are some of the leading causes:
- Blow Out Tire: These accidents can happen with any vehicle and can pose a danger to all nearby vehicles
- Rollovers: When a semi-truck driver loses control and rolls on its side , this can cause multiple accidents with other vehicles.
- Blind Spots: Due to their size semi-truck have many blind spots. When a driver loses control of their semi-truck and slides and rolls over onto its side, it can cause accidents with other vehicles.
- DUI’s: Alcohol is more of a problem for truck drivers as it is for everyone else. There have been many accidents that involved the use of alcohol and the truck driver.
- Failure to Yield Accidents: These accidents can occur often when truck drivers are merging onto highways, crossing intersections and changing lanes.
- T-Bone: When a truck driver doesn’t stop or runs a red-light hitting another vehicle perpendicular.
- Driver Error: When a driver does not follow protocol such as speeding, or failing to get enough rest, they can cause accidents involving serious bodily harm or even death.
Should I file a police report after an accident involving an 18-wheeler, or Big Rig?
YES! it is very important to establish a semi-truck accident happened and to have the authorities document and investigate the incident. Rene Frederick & Associates will help you navigate the complexities of a big rig accident by investigating every detail. Trucking companies and their insurance organization could try and contact you after an accident, do not talk to them. Our firm will stand up to pursue justice on your behalf and communicate with them on your behalf.
TAKE ACTION AFTER A TRUCKING ACCIDENT IN THE NORTHSHORE AREA
If your looking for more information about semi truck, big rig or 18-wheeler accidents or you have been involved in an accident contact Rene Frederick & Associates 985-893-8484 today.